Two make-up classes per child are are allowed on a space-available basis.
- For returning families, tuition for the first child is $175 per session for the Fall, Winter, and Spring sessions and $130 for the summer session; sibling tuition is $125 for the Fall, Winter, and Spring sessions and $80 for the summer session. Infants 8 months and younger attend free with a registered sibling.
- For families new to First Notes, tuition for the first child is $190 for Fall, Winter, or Spring, and $145 for the summer session. This fee includes a $15 one time registration fee. The registration fee is non-refundable.
- Full payment is due with registration.
- No tuition refunds will be given after classes begin. Credit toward future classes will be issued only in exceptional cases.
- Tuition includes a music book and two copies of a CD of the semester's songs.
This is the essential Music Together® class, one that a child can attend from birth through age five—and through all nine song collections. This basic class follows the recommendations of child development researchers—grouping children of a variety of ages in one class. This approach fosters natural, family-style learning where younger children enjoy watching and imitating older ones; older children learn by leading younger ones; and adults are happy because the children in the family can go to class together. Each child participates at his or her own developmental level in singing, moving, chanting, listening, observing, or exploring musical instruments. We welcome the whole family to join in this important family music experience and any caregiver—parents, grandparents, nanny—can bring the child(ren) to class.
Rhythm Kids Level 2 Online
Rhythm Kids Online!
Rhythm Kids™ is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class that follows through on Music Together’s vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8. Rhythm Kids Level 2 for children in Kindergarten, first, and second grades. Both are designed to help children integrate and assimilate rhythm through:
• Learning multicultural drumming patterns in unique animal groupings
• Developing new repertoire on various percussion instruments
• Exploring movement and dance while singing songs
• Playing games based on music and drumming
• Drumming along with Tom at home via online Rhythm Kids tutorial videos
In Level 2, parents/caregivers are encouraged to attend and are always welcome, but are not required to be in class. Classes are 45 minutes long.
In addition to the tutorial videos for families and teachers, another exciting aspect of the program is its curriculum content: approximately half of the songs and chants have been newly created especially for Rhythm Kids. The other songs, selected from the Music Together song collections and sometimes specially adapted for the Rhythm Kids curricula, are chosen for their appeal and learning potential.
Zoom with Grandparents
Zoom class welcomes grandparents
Interactive Music Classes for New Parents
Your little one was born ready to make music! In this special class for parents with babies under one year old, you'll learn lots of fun, interactive music activities that will support your child's growth in so many areas, including their physical, socio-emotional, language, and early brain development. Your expert teacher will also share ideas for how music can help you get through your day. And you'll join a community of other parents who are just as sleep-deprived as you!
The best part? There is no screen time for your little one. Your teacher will guide you to position your infant so they are looking at YOU, not the screen. You follow the teacher while your baby watches you, and you leave each class inspired to make each day more musical.